Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mayors Task Force Created

Last night at the regular village board meeting, I announced the creation of a task force to attempt to attract a hospital to the Round Lake Area. If you throw in Volo, Fox Lake, and the un-incorporated areas in this general area, we have 100,000 to 120,000 people who have to drive a substantial distance to a hospital. Northern Illinois Medical Center appears to be the closest full service one and its a good 10 miles away. I might be wrong as to the closest, but the point being they are all a good ways to go.

With the arrival of sewer and water to our SW quadrant, we have an excellent opportunity to trigger this needed service in the area. The task force will be led by a trustee and I would like citizen involvement on the task force as well so please email me at bgentes@eroundlake.com and I will make sure you are a member of the taskforce. In addition I am going to be inviting other communities to join the task force so we can speak as a group.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system