Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Mixed Bag at the Track Today

The medal haul and the athlete in action! I did okay, added 4 centimeters to my personal best in the long jump where I got a second. Ran .14 second slower then my best in the 55 where I also got a second. Someone told me it was hand timed which adds 2-3 tenths of a second to your times and my previous best was electronically timed. I do think however I ran slow.

Hans Zigmund
ran well getting a 8.92 in his first race from blocks and his first sprint since high school. He got second in the shot as well. I was crap throwing the shot, barely cleared 28 feet when my best is nearer 31 feet where I placed third. I was quite pleased with my 200 meters lowering my time to 31.40 subtracting a second from my previous best I also got a second in that race. The event I won (the medal in the center of the picture) was the 400 I reduced my time by 3 seconds which I was quite pleased with. I ran a 33-39 split, which I need to work on, I went out way to fast and died the last 100 meters or so.

Overall a very nice day, interesting weather conditions on the way out to Sterling, dense fog at ground level through which you could see about 50 feet ahead of you. However if you glanced up it was sunny about 6-8 feet off the ground. I prudently slowed down from 88 mph to 83 mph.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system