Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Replacing the Meeting with a Mouse!


One of the most interesting things in my first term as mayor was the growth of homeowner driven discussion boards and then websites catering to the needs of the residents in those specific developments. The first one I was aware of came about from an active lady in Madrona Homes named Donna Bavido. There had been one that predated that in Valley Lakes (formed by a Gregorio Peck and Miquel Tortuga who have both moved I think, although I might be wrong) but it was rather slow at first. These virtual meeting rooms are the equivalent of neighbors leaning over the fence talking about things going on in the area.

The Daily Herald, Chicago Tribune and the Round Lake News did features on the phenomena quoting Donna and myself about 2 years ago.

I am currently aware of ones in Valley Lakes, Madrona Homes, and Bright Meadows. There are also websites that are companions to these sites as well. All of them are quite impressive with an enormous amount of excellent information available to the residents.

Please note I am sure I am unaware of some, so please email them and I will post them here. (bgentes@eroundlake.com)

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system