Sunday, August 28, 2005

Busy Day for the Mayor-- Although I am not Complaining!


Spent today working on real estate (the real job), delivering tickets to the Foreigner concert to the winner of the quickie ticket contest I ran. Went over to the WRLR 98.3 studios to practice for the upcoming radio show "Village Voices" I am hosting on Thursday nights at 7pm every week. Had a few people drop by including one of Round Lake's very own Republican heavyweight county board member Bob Powers and his wife.

I was also able to sneak onto to the internet to discover that my favorite soccer team in the whole wide world after the now defunct Univerisidad de Guadalajara Leones Negros. Manchester City won its third game in a row 2-1 over Portsmouth in the English Premier Division to go second after 4 games of the 38 game season. I suspect its downhill from here! But hope springs eternal!

I then proceeded directly to Long Lake where we finished 4th of 10 in the weekly sailboat races. I then got off the boat raced home to grill some delightful vegetables that Bob Newport of the Round Lake Area Park District gave us to try. I then sampled a glass (okay more then one) of an Illinois Cabernet Franc American Vintage 2003 from the Lynfred Winery that we had in the house since yesterday. Quite good! I think I am a red wine snob... So that is praise of the highest order! Who knew there was a winery in the Chicago area.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system