Sunday, August 14, 2005

Grant Township-- Picnic in the Park is today


Today is the Grant Township "Picnic in the Park" which kicks off at 8am with a 5k race that yours truly is running in. This ought to be a personal disaster! Because of the heat and a very busy schedule I have not run much, and have focused on lifting weights at the air conditioned gym the last few weeks. My goal is to run in under 30 minutes (9:40 miles) over the 5K distance. We shall see, I am not hopeful. The backup goal would then be to survive the race!

I would urge runners and non runners to stop by the event held at the township headquarters on Molidor road. There are softball games, volleyball and of course a picnic. Say hi to Kay Starostovic the Township Supervisor who does an excellent job as your supervisor and as an organizer of the picnic!

UPDATE: Okay the race was run I ran in 34:05, I saw a few Round Lake area friends and residents running, Jose Velarde and his family, Steve Berwanger and his family, Len Dam and dispensing water Fox Lake Mayor Cindy Irwin. The highlight for me was the assigned number (1) how cool is that. The lowlight was the hills that I plodded up and down and seemed to never end.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system