Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Comments on the Blog


I use a software called Haloscan to track and manage the comments on the blog. I do ban certain comments using the following rules.

  1. Profanity
  2. Masquerading as someone you are not.
I have blocked 4 total domains in the last few months. One for profanity, the second for making comments about my daughter, the third and fourth were for using other peoples name to post. I received this email from a gentlemen named Jay Peters who apparently was banned.

Real classy, Bill. So voices of dissent are banned from posting on your blog? It's really nice to see your magnanimous personality shine brightly, as it appears people with a contrarian opinion are censored. Did we lose a war? I thought I lived in America, not 1950s communist Russia... If I had been rude or offensive, perhaps a ban on posting comments would be warranted, but to silence a viewpoint that is different and persuasive is nothing short of petty.

It's no wonder the opinion of you runs so low in many circles in this town. Enjoy your blog, and revel in the people privileged to post nodding along in agreement with you. It will surely salve your ego, and allow the blinders to remain firmly in place.

Jay Peters

I took a quick look at the voters registration list to see if you were a resident, there is no one of your name registered to vote in the village, there is someone with a similar name, who has not voted in years, but I don't think its you.

So if you would like to register to vote I am a precinct committeman and able to register voters I would be happy to help you with that noble American tradition, Choice.

Oh and email me with your IP address and I would be happy to unblock you.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system