Monday, February 26, 2007

Frosty Footrace Was Quite Well Attended

The race went off! Snow and all, the park district did a nice job of having a clean route. I walked, but within 200 yards I regretted wearing my snow shoveling Timberwood boots. Those boots were NOT made for walking!

Why may you ask am I showing you a picture of my protection detail? Well since I immediately realized I was not going to keep up with anyone, I walked at a pace that would prevent blisters. Therefore I quickly fell to the back of the pack, where these gentlemen kept traffic off of the straggler (me).

They had some great inspirational comments for me, like "is the guy ahead of you walking with a cane?" He was walking with a "walking stick" not a cane I told them. There was some other banter as well, that we shall keep off the blog to protect the temperamental! I finished dead last!

The Round Lake contingent did quite well, Michael Blum got second in his age group, Mike Vanata ran his first 5K ever in 25 minutes, which is excellent. Race volunteers were Sherry Perkowitz, Dale Multerer, Deb Jones, and many others who I can't recall right now.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system