Friday, February 6, 2015

Week 6 and Parts of Week 7

Was traveling most of week 7 to DC, so the week was chaotic in terms of time and ability to run, I hit all the workouts, jut not in the exact sequence that was planned. I also threw in about 9 miles of walking around the National Mall in between congressional appointments on Wednesday as well.

So Week 6 was 21 miles, the only thing that happened here of note, was since there was a blizzard, on Sunday morning when I was going to do my long run before flying to DC, I had to snow blow to get to gym and had to cut the long run in half for time constraints. So I did the second part of the run in the DC hotel gym I stayed at. Had a really nice set of treadmills, although initially I selected the one that was defective, out of 18 empty ones no less.

Week 7 is currently at 11 miles, with a 9 miler and a 3 miles of Yasso 800's on tap for this weekend. Overall I am feeling pretty good, my legs have been handling the mileage very comfortably. I must stay walking 9 miles in dress shoes did not help my feet much. But even they have recovered.

Some positive reinforcement from people at the conference who I had mostly not seen since the summer at the last conference on my weight loss, which was nice to hear.

I was also able to check off a bunch of X's on my chart, still only have 2 missed days so far, and both those were weight training days, and I really have only 4 lousy runs with just 2 that I cut short because I was just unable to go, mostly mental boredom on the treadmill as I look back at my run logs.

So 28 runs scheduled with 4 problems, to date I have run 112 miles on this program, and I am going to be ramping up the mileage going forward, 6 of the next 8 weeks have significant long runs in them to get me to the aerobic level I need. The long runs are 14, 13.1, 17, 17, 18 and 10.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system