Sunday, February 22, 2015

Frosty 5K-- Race Report

Okay news flash! It was cold out today, 16, according to my Garmin website. I was able to run a 1 minute 15 second PR at 34:21 breaking my old PR set in my last 5K for NICASA, even while debating stopping because I was so damn cold, for the first half of the race. Then my body temp must have gotten to the right point because I felt no cold the rest of the way.

I just missed a medal, finishing 4th in my age group, about 45 seconds behind the 3rd place runner and about 10 minutes behind first and second.

Overall I did not feel any residual problems from my long run the day before, which was nice to know, I loosened up indoors on the soccer field at the sports center with no discomfort, and literally other then incipient frostbite was good the whole way around

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system