Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 8 is all over...12 more to go until race day!

So week 8 is done and wrapped up, 22 miles, runs of 3.5, 3.5, 7 and 8.25 miles. Today's run was supposed to be longer but I was ran out of food around Mile 5, and since I was so not paying attention to anything this morning, eating wise, by mile 8.25 I was bonking. Not the smartest move in the world.

Overall a good week, dropped a pound so I am down to 221, from 256 in January 2013, I can tell something is going on the last few weeks because clothes that were fitting a few weeks ago, are looser, then a month ago or so.

I am driving up to Kenosha today to recon the Wisconsin Marathon course today. Not so sure if eyeballing it ahead of time is a good idea, but I did get some value out of the Madison Half recon, it paid off to know about the giant hill at mile 8, that was good to be prepared for. I misread the map in Madison and was unaware of the slow uphill to the finish which took some time out of me, so a more diligent recon is needed here.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system