Monday, March 26, 2007

Save the Date---- Streets of Summer Festival

Open your calendars and mark these dates down. June 1, 2 and 3 for the Fourth Annual Streets of Summer Festival! Details will follow, but I can tell you that on June 3rd there will be the first annual Beat the Mayor 5K.

The thought is that I would post a time and anyone who beats my time gets something that says I beat the mayor, trophy, or a T-shirt for example.

I have two thoughts on how to do the 5K, one is I would run the course about 30 minutes before the regular race. I would record a time and then we could use an age-grading formula, and gender grading to determine an equivalent time. So before the race you would know you had to run a 23:56 to beat me if you were 18, and a 30:34 if you were 55 for example. The goal results would be posted somewhere visible beforehand!

The other way would be for me to run the race with everyone, and then we could figure the whole thing out afterwards.

There is pro and con to both ways of doing it, so since I am democratically elected we will decide it by voting!

If you ran in the Mayoral Challenge 5K would you...
Free polls from Pollhost.com

As a reminder the Mayoral Run/Walk will be April 7th, a Saturday, at 7am with the run starting then and the walk starting at 7:30. The route is here.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system