Sunday, February 26, 2006

Frosty 5K Results

Long story short I stunk! 9:15 first mile, 10:00 second mile, 12:00 minute third mile. Finished last in my age group as well, thanks to Dale Multerer for pointing that out to me. As for the race within the race me against the Del Prato family, the three ladies got three age group medals! They all talked smack to me as they blew past me as well!

I was pleased with my speed until mile 2 when the stinking occurred. I lumbered home from the 2 mile mark, with a set of dead legs. I am not sure why but when you hit my age you can't complain that you can run 2 miles in under 20 minutes I suppose! Back to sprinting however in two weeks I am going to the USTAF Master Indoors Track and Field Championships held in Sterling, IL.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system