Wednesday, October 12, 2005

This is a Very Bad Machine!

This machine has taken up residence in the Round Lake Area Park district fitness center. Its a Precor EFX 5.23 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer and its very nasty. I discovered this little machine one day 2 weeks ago and its siren song has led me to crave its endorphin creating workout. So today I spent 60 minutes on it and made my legs ache since it forces my thighs up, which hopefully will increase my speed in the sprints, because leg drive is a sprint/speed trigger. My goal this winter on the Winter Masters Indoor track circuit is to reduce my time in the 55, 200 and 400 meters from 8.08, 32.04 and 1:15 to 7.5, sub 28.0 and sub 1:05. I also want to get 5 meters in the long jump, my best is 4.28, and put the shot over 10 meters, my best in that area is 9.28. So anyway that's why this Precor is a very bad machine it makes me suffer the pain that hopefully will allow me to get the pay off in raw speed (ha). I will report to you on my quest for speed in the next few months because if I put it here I am committing to it!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system