Monday, October 24, 2005

Mayors Driving the Neighborhoods and the Resulting Emails

On the weekends I like to drive around the village, in fact I have blogged about it before. What usually results is an email that is taken from my yellow note pad that also always travels with me. I also take pictures of what I see. The email I send goes to all my department heads and they pick what's there department and take care of it or at least answer my question.

The text of the email is below, although I have deleted locations and addresses since that's between the village and the homeowner. I am sure all of can get the gist of what goes on here.

Hello Everyone
I drove around the village yesterday and saw a few things I would like to be fixed and looked at.

XXX XXXXX is vacant, but the owner needs to straighten things up, especially in the backyard.

Phone pole at the corner of Catalpa and Midland, has a very odd structural support (see picture) what is the story here?

We need to get new signs or clean the existing ones at Midland and Hillandale. In addition I would like up to drive around the village and take a look at the street signs and make sure they are clean and angled correctly. Good project for slow days.

XXXXXXXXX had quite a bit of enforcement needs, parking on the grass, boats all over the place, garbage issues. Also I would like to step up the overnight parking checks on this street.

XXXXXXX has cars parking on the grass and looks like some overnight parking there as well.

XXXXX XXXXX XXX We have all sorts of stuff here, way to many cars, and illegal structure (I am guessing in the back) we also have had numerous problems with this place last year as well.

XXXXXXXX needs to be reminded that its signs can't block the entire window.

XXXXXXX Parking on the grass.

XXXXXXX The yard is a mess, it needs to be mowed!

XXXXXXX has a hose running from home to street. This does not seem right (see picture)

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system