Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week 7-- Humidity cuts into my mileage!

The goal was 35, the actual result was 28, I reduced my 10 miler of Saturday to 8 miles, and today's 15 miles to 10. So why did I do this? 85% humidity at 5:00 am, made discretion the better part of valor.

The week was very good however. Wednesday I ran 5 miles with my neighbor who wanted to push and push we did, each mile being faster then the last, mile splits of 12:26, 11:41, 11:39, 11:39, 11:27, and the last 1/4 mile we did in 8:00 minute mile pace. So that was a good one.

Thursday was a speed work day, which was marginal, my legs felt the day before to be honest. I did 800 repeats with a long warmup and cool down. This workout was on the treadmill as well.

Saturday was hot and humid and my neighbor and I were out the door at 5am, she wanted to join me for 6 miles so we looped back to the house at 6 miles, but by that time she was good to go more, as was I, so we did 2 more, but in that space of time, it got much hotter and my thought process was don't push it, and 2 more miles would have done that. I walked a slow mile while drinking water as a cool down. The mile splits were 11:57, 11:46, 11:55, 11:38, 12:22, 13:23, 12:33, 12:16, much slower second half.

Sunday, was supposed to be 15 miles, but after a mile walking warmup loop, for which I forgot to start my Garmin, I ran 4 miles out via South Valley Lakes, to the Millennium Trail, and then to the Frisbee Golf course (see picture). When I got back to the house having done 8 miles I drank and did a slow jog walk cool down for about a mile. I thought about doing another 5, since it did not seem that bad, but when I checked my weather.com app, I saw 80% humidity, I decided that was enough.

As a side note to the Sunday run, running through the woods on the trail, is mosquito central! I did not do the walk/run in the woods, hard running only, not a bad plan.



No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system