Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Millennium Trail and Connections to our Neighborhoods

With the newest addition to the Forest Preserve in Round Lake the Nippersink Marsh. Eventually there will be connections from here to the millennium Trail. This trail system connects the entire 6 county area and and parts of Wisconsin as well. Not sure I would do this but you can pedal from the Indiana border to Milwaukee on the trails.

One of the things that I want the village board to study and possibly fund is a way to connect all the various housing developments to the Nippersink Marsh forest preserve and consequently to the trail system. I am not sure how we do this right now, but I suspect our planners can help us. It would also be desirable to have a biking connection to our Downtown Development District. Which I aim to make bike friendly!

Here is some information on the Millennium Trail from the Lake County Forest Preserve

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system