Friday, February 8, 2013

Tracking my Food Intake

I have been wondering about how much I was eating, so I decided to use one of my favorite techniques to monitor my eating habits. Since if I have to think before I stuff that Twizzler in my mouth I know its 150 calories, I usually think twice.

Been using this wonderful app called MyFitnessPal which has some very nice features: You can scan the barcode of anything and enter it, as well as add your workouts so you can see how many calories you have burned (see the picture, this is not me by the by).

There was almost an immediate slowing of my eating habits, I did not set the calorie intake low, but at the appropriate level for my age and weight. You can enter your weight, and a variety of body dimensions as well.

There is an web based interface and of course an app which is super convenient when you are outside and carrying just the phone.


No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system