Monday, February 18, 2013

Frosty 5K Preview

So its a few days before the Frosty 5K and I am hoping for a time in the 40-45 minute range. I did 6.5 miles yesterday at a nice steady pace on the treadmill at about 15 minute mile pace. I felt comfortable and this week I am allowing myself a "mild" taper with only runs of 40 minutes on Tuesday and Thursday.

My intent is to run the 5K hard (as in hard for me) if I can sustain 13:30 mile times all the way, and get in the 42 minute range I will be very pleased. My training tells me I can do this, as well as my heart rate monitoring which shows my ability to handle faster paces with my heart rate staying in the 120's for a longer time then a month ago.

My daughter and nephew are going to run with me, so I am staring third place in the family straight in the face!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system