Monday, September 10, 2007

Round Lake Park District Foundation 5K

I ran in the Round Lake Area Park District Foundation 5k yesterday! I have not been doing much running at all so I was shooting for 45 minutes or there abouts, and I finished in 43:58 so I was pleased with that. I was even happier to see Trustee Michael Blum, Village Engineer Erika Frable, Police Commisioner Al Villasenor, Valley Lakes Resident Mike Vanata and First Daughter Denise Gentes all get medals for top three finishes in their respective age brackets.

It was all to benefit Special Olympics, and was quite good to see the level of sponsorship be so high, that all expenses were covered by the sponsors and then all registrations go to the RL Special Olympics and there were 160 runners!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system