Friday, September 7, 2007

Where does your Tax Dollar go.


NOTE: In view of the discussion on foreclosures I have decided to rerun this post from 2005 about where your tax dollars go in the last few weeks. So I decided to go back to a post I ran back in May 2005 based on an excellent article in the Daily Herald. So here it is.

Where do your tax dollars go, is a pressing question in Round Lake right now. How do I know this? Because I am getting all sorts of calls about it! I have reproduced a chart from an article that appeared in the Daily Herald on where your tax dollars goes. Its interesting to see that county wide the typical tax bill has 68% of the total dollars goes to schools. Only 10% goes to municipality's. I felt that this article was one of the best I have read on your tax bill, its written quite well and make the process reasonably easy to understand.

I had a blog post on the article when it came out and have created a complete PDF of the article I am going to upload it here so you can download it from this blog.

I also recreated the graphic above, and did not do a real good high resolution job, so my apologies for the bitmaps. I aim to have high graphic standards on the site, and this is clearly not cutting it.

Please note I was able to upload the file here it is!
Article on Taxation from Daily Herald.pdf

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system