Thursday, September 20, 2007

Linked IN...for Round Lake???

Over the last few months I have been invited to join friends and colleagues on Linkin.com, I generally respond and add the people my network. I am generally link networks and the process at Linkedin seems interesting.

I have been thinking about how we could create a network for the village like this, because over time I have discovered, that a Mayor can act as a middleman for putting people in touch with each other. Not a week goes by that I don't discover and enable two residents getting in contact with each other for one reason or another. In fact I enjoy this more then any other part of the job.
What I would ask you is how do you think we could, as a village, use the network to better help each other. Please respond via email to me or in the contacts section I would like to hear your suggestions.
Here is some information about LinkedIn
LinkedIn is an online network of more than 14 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries.

When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you.

Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to thousands of qualified professionals.

Through your network you can:

  • Find potential clients, service providers, subject experts, and partners who come recommended
  • Be found for business opportunities
  • Search for great jobs
  • Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
  • Post and distribute job listings
  • Find high-quality passive candidates
  • Get introduced to other professionals through the people you know

LinkedIn is free to join.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system