Thursday, January 11, 2007

Walk with the Mayor

Every Saturday during the spring and summer I ran intervals at the RL High School track at 630am. There is something epic about watching the sun rise while gasping for breath doubled over 6 inches past the start/finish line I have discovered. Usually I did it myself, until I convinced Al Villasenor to join me a few times, giving up cigarettes and generally improving his character, through constant counseling (joking Al). To his credit he stayed and was running 25 minute 5K's within 2 months plus kicking the death sticks as well.

Michael Blum
joined us to walk at the same time, so we would run and then walk with Michael. Al's life got busy and he forgot his friends, so Michael and I marched on until one day when the track was locked up. So Michael and I walked the downtown, we enjoyed that so much we meet in different places in the village at 7am on Saturday and walk for about 3-4 miles pretty much randomly. We have walked Valley Lakes, Madrona, Downtown, Valley Lakes 2, Lakewood Grove & Orchard, and Dawn Marie.

I was so pleased with the turnout last Saturday with the Run/Walk thing, that I would like to invite anyone who wants to join us, I will announce where they are on the blog the day before. Be prepared for sarcasm and snide comments however. Because our mouths will be moving unlike our legs!

So Saturday the 13th at 7am we will walk from the Police and Public Works Department, and wander the area sort of briskly. Specifically I want to look at the Cedar Lake Road Extension.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system