Sunday, January 28, 2007

Walking into the Future

Had two walks this weekend, one scheduled the other unscheduled, the first on Saturday morning was in South Valley Lakes with Mike Vanata, who led the charge up numerous hills, I would guess we did at least 3 miles.

Then this morning I was up walking with Michael Blum, and Neil Flamm who wanted to talk about minor league baseball and the possibility of locating a team here in Round Lake.

So here is a poll, if there is a certain amount of interest, I will create a Citizens Commission to investigate the details and the see what the who, what, when, where and what's of process.

Would you like a minor league team in Round Lake?
Yes
No
Free polls from Pollhost.com
I am not sold on the idea by a long shot, but I think it might bear merit in the context of our downtown development plan to generate foot traffic and if located near restaurants and our train station it might bear scrutiny.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system