Friday, September 22, 2006

A Chronology of 47 Years!

Today is my birthday, I have been told it happens once a year! The picture captures me at my finest in mayoral excellence! Sound asleep, plotting evil on Volo, whipping the other 9 chumps in the Mayoral fantasy football league, mayhem on assorted trustee's, paving over the anti 120 forces all at the same time!

47 Years Ago-- I was born in Port Jefferson New York. (1959) Oddly enough the White Sox clinched an American League pennant that day.
46 Years Ago-- My sister Gaye showed up to steal all the attention! (1960)
38 Years Ago-- My Dad did a sabbatical in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico where I went to school in a one room school house with 15 other kids ranging from 1st to 8th grade. (1968)
36 Years Ago-- My parents both took early retirement and moved to Guadalajara Mexico, where my sister and I attended Mexican schools until we went to college. (1970)
32 Years Ago-- My grandfather took me to the Montreal Olympics (hooking me on Track and Field) and the Baseball All-Star game in Philadelphia. (1976)
28 Years Ago-- I went to college, where a few years later I would emerge with a degree in History and a minor in English Literature from Texas Pan American. (1978)
25 Years Ago-- I bought my first car a white 1973 Toyota Corona for $400, it had 73,000 miles on it. Sold it for scrap 6 years later with 201,000 on it. I would still be driving it if had not self destructed. (1979)
24 Years Ago-- I got my first "real" job. I was a warehouse manager in New Orleans and then later Dallas. (1982)
20 Years Ago-- I moved from Dallas to Chicago (1986)
19 Years Ago-- I met the First Lady of Round Lake, a couple of shotguns, a few slaps upside the head and I was married! (1987)
18 Years Ago-- I played golf at Renwood with my father in law and was amazed that civilization existed outside the city of Chicago. My first exposure to Round Lake.
16 Years Ago-- The first kid arrived, my daughter Denise. (1990)
14 Years Ago-- I lost my mom to a long struggle with cancer. I miss her to this day. (1993)
12 Years Ago-- We moved to Round Lake buying a townhouse in Tree House in the Woods. I also purchased my first Big Gulp at the Rollins Road 7-11 one of nearly 100,000 since! (1994)
10 Years Ago-- I was appointed to be a trustee of the Round Lake Area Library District.
8 Years Ago-- Was appointed to be a member of the Round Lake Planning Board (1998)
7 Years Ago-- Became Chairman of the Round Lake Planning Board (1999)
6 Years Ago-- I lost my dad miss him everyday as well. (2000)
5 Years Ago-- Elected Mayor of Round Lake, what was I thinking? I also resigned from the Library Board where I had won re-election twice. (2001)
4 Years Ago-- I weighed 283 pounds (2002)
3 Years Ago-- I weighed 194 pounds (2003)
2 Years Ago-- Re-elected Mayor, this time my eyes were open, and I knew what I was getting into.
1 Year Ago-- I still weigh under 200 pounds (barely) but damn I look good.
Today-- I am 47, I look great, I have a colossal ego, and I think the world revolves around me. What else could I ask for!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system