Sunday, June 7, 2015

Week 1 Report-- One word for it-- Blah!

So I had runs of 4, 6, 6 and 8 scheduled this week, for a week 1 mileage total of 24. Actual miles 4, 0, 5 and 8 for a total 17 miles. I did however do all my weightlifting workouts in a very positive fashion.

So whats up? I would guess that it was last Sunday's half marathon took something out of me, even today when I ran the full 8 my legs felt heavy and jello like. Two days off from running on Monday and Tuesday should see me fully recovered (past history tells me that).

The weight training this week was quite successful. Handled all the weights that I had set up as starter weights for the weight training portion of my 20 week. I think the 4 legs weight training days I did leading up the Northshore Half Marathon gave me quite a bit of leg strength, specifically the squats. I felt very strong in the second half of the run.

I am going to be much more focused on the weight training part of this 20 week program, since I think some of the cramping issues I had at mile 20 in the Wisconsin Marathon had something to do with lack of muscle strength, since I passed on quite a few weight training sessions during the Wisconsin program.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system