Sunday, June 8, 2008

Jim McKay 1922-2008


When I was a kid in New York, I grew up watching ABC Wide World of Sports. To this day my love of international events like the Olympics, cycling, track and field, soccer, boxing, and of course American events like NASCAR, and of course the best of all time demolition derby. There was one person who was always and will forever be the voice of sports in my childhood.

That was Jim McKay, I can't tell you the feeling when I heard yesterday that McKay had passed away, all my memories of sports and my love of them came flooding back. When I heard McKay's voice or saw him over the last few decades I always thought of the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" first!

He loved horse racing like I do, and as far as I concerned he was the finest voice in television sports! He will missed.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system