Monday, October 8, 2007

Stormwater Management Commission (Part One)

NOTE: I got quite a few emails and questions about Friday's post on the late night SMC meeting so I decided to write about SMC, and then after laying the groundwork I would talk about the Antioch issue and how it relates throughout the county. This is probably going to be a three part series!

I wrote last week about the Lake County Stormwater Management Commission (SMC) board that I serve on. SMC is a county agency that has 6 county board members and 6 municipal members who serve as its board of directors. I serve as the municipal official paired with County Board member Bonnie Thompson Carter for the 4th district which represents 11 communities.

The commission is run by Mike Warner who has been with us as the number 2 man for many years and last year he emerged as the new Director and has done quite well and instilled an enormous sense of mission in the organization. I wrote about his eventual hiring in a post here which is an interesting piece in its self after re-reading it just now.

Almost immediately a much clearer and consise way of problem solving emereged giving me a much more solid feel for the performance of SMC, and I trusted and valued staff input again. Which was a huge step forward.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system