Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Speed Trailer Installed on My Street

I was outside early last week, mowing the lawn watching the kids play in the street, when one particular neighbor kid was roaring around on his bike outside the cul-de-sac.

Which is all fine and dandy except he is maybe 5 and 27lbs and on training wheels, (his parents also appear to pay zero attention to the play habits of this child, although I may be a wee bit over protective, since I would still have my 17 year old daughter in a car seat if I could).

Needless to say cars also roar down the street, to my un-expert eye well over 25 mph, so I thought to myself...hey I am the Mayor, I have some pull....let me call the PD up and have that trailer moved to my street on its next movement (its outside about 320 days a year in random locations) So needless to say a few days later it appeared.

It was here for about two days (the picture is of my neighbor Rudy, who wanted to measure his fastball against it, which I discouraged). Anyway the data is in....and 354 cars passed by, and not one went over 25mph! The average speed was 13.5mph!


I was amazed! Not a single one! Shocking....I wonder what we should do next? Hummmm maybe that can be a second part of this post for a later date!

The trailer has been moved to the Bright Meadows development I think for its next stop!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system