Sunday, June 3, 2007

Saturday was one Busy Day

Had quite the busy day yesterday, I attended my sixth consecutive Round Lake High School Graduation. Saw lots of kids that I have met over the years graduate, which was very exciting. Trustee Dale Multerer, Don Newby and Brian Brubaker were on hand, along with just a handful of other elected municipal officials.

I then went over the street of summer grounds to judge the Car Show and award my Mayor's Choice trophy. Which rather then award to a Ford Mustang as I always seem to do, I gave it a 1950's Ninety Eight Oldsmobile (I think that's what it was) which had the biggest trunk I ever seen in my life!

I then went and raced sailboats on Long Lake, and candidly I should have stayed at the Fest, we were terrible 8th out of 10. A bad day on the water usually means you are soaked, and I was.

So after that I went back to the Fest and watched Denny Diamond, the Jimmy Buffet look-a likes, and then the Ides of March.

Before the main event I got on stage and thanked our committee who put together the festival, and out trustees who were intimately involved as well.

I forgot my reading glasses, and I had scratched out my notes for my talk on the back of 3 business cards so I almost forgot to introduce Brian Brubaker and Dale Multerer, because I could barely see the cards in my hand with the spotlight shining in my face. So sorry about that guys!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system