Friday, June 29, 2007

The Americas Cup

I have been enjoying the America's cup races on the VS network these last few weeks. The Swiss boat and the boat from New Zealand are closely matched and the best of 9 series is tied 2-2 with race 5 today! I crew for a friend of mine on Long Lake in C-Scows and have a great time (past sailing posts are here and here) sailing. So I really get a kick out watching this stuff. The coverage on TV is amazing with tons of on-board remote cameras for some great coverage.

My Dad took me when I was very young in the sixties to see the America's Cup races when they were being held in Newport off Long Island, New York so I always have a fond spot for these races! Anyway these are some of the best races I have seen in a long time.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system