Saturday, May 5, 2007

This Weekend

I am attending the wedding of a good friend in Starved Rock State Park. Staying at the lodge which appears to be quite remote and rustic.

It was dark as drove up an actual hill, in Illinois no less! I sighted a variety of fearless road kill type animals, possums, beavers, skunks and others I did not recognize. All of them were camped out on the road and seemed put out that I needed to get by them. The lodge website seems to promise scenes like the one at the right, so tomorrow I will see what I can see.

I also passed the Utica village hall, and will stop by tomorrow to introduce myself. When I traveled more often (my first term) I would always drop into village halls and sometimes end up spending an hour or so with the Mayor. Ask me about the Mayor of Bend Oregon, sometime, when no kids are about, he owned a bar is all I will say oh and the Mayor of Detroit Michigan thats ones G rated.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system