Friday, July 6, 2007

Mount Everest it was'nt...but still up there!

The annual trip to the top of Round Lake was yesterday. If many of you recall I summited the East water tower last year. Last year I had our Director of Public Works Davis Clark along this year I was joined by Trustee Michael Blum who was seriously willing! He was even game enough to allow me to take the picture at the right of him with a giant growth on his head!

I am not fond of heights, but last year I was so tired by the time I got to the top, I had no room to be uncomfortable! This year was no difference, my arms were so tight when I got down, they barely fit in my shirt sleeves!

Anyway we made our way to the top, where Davis casually revealed that he had already climbed the tower with the Village Engineer Erika Frable earlier in the day, which is why there was cold water at the top for us!

The view was spectacular, not as clear as last year, but great. I took some good shots which I have below in high resolution of Silver Leaf Glen and parts of Wooster Lake as well. If you click on it it should blow up to full size!



I also have one of Valley Lakes as well, same format. The sun was at an awkward angle to get shots eastwards, but these are not to bad.



Finally the two climbers at the top. Proving that fat guys can climb! Many thanks to Davis for being so helpful!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system