Monday, April 25, 2005

The First Post

Over time I have been thinking about a method to better communicate with Round Lake residents. I am a big believer in the internet and its value as a communication tool. Investigating ways to improve mine and the village's method of feedback, I discovered that there are two other mayors in the United States that blog (according to google.com), the first is the Mayor of Elburn, IL (Mayor Willey) and the Mayor of Reading PA (Mayor Tom McMahon) is another. So perhaps I am the third, I doubt it however. I thought that this venue would allow me the greatest freedom to reach the greatest number of Round Lake residents quickly and efficiently.

So on this blog I am going to try to address issues that are affecting our community and my feelings on various issues in the community and in the area. But as a cavet I want to add that the opinions expressed in this web blog are mine and mine alone, and do not represent official positions of the Village of Round Lake.

Since I have a sense of humor, my guess is I will have some humorous stories as well thrown into the mix, I won't be able to help myself !

If you want to contact me my e-mail address is bgentes@eroundlake.com. Or, leave a message at the Village Hall by calling 847-546-5400.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system