Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to the New Blogging Mayor's Blog Version 2.0

Happy New Year! Welcome to a new beginning of my Mayor's Blog! I have been posting on blogger and then using pointers to the village's eroundlake.com website since this blogs inception way back in the spring of 2005. One of the things that I have always felt unable to do because of its quasi-official status is not post about ongoing issues in the village with complete candor.

Over the years I have not written about some issues that I could have because of my sensitivity to the political process and my position as mayor. I have separated the blog as of last night completely from the village's website, and it no longer has any links that I know of on eroundlake.com (Harder then it seems given the nature of the internet).

One of the original reasons I started this blog was to keep a diary of what I did on a day to day to basis for future reference. An underlying reason I blog was so I could write a book about "being mayor" (that project has not been slumbering by the by). The blog took a different direction, which I am not sure was a bad thing.

However the new version blog will be harder and more behind the scenes at politics in Round Lake, the Round Lake Area as well as the county and state. An example of something I started to write about way back when was the Police and Public Works building. As I wrote it I realized that I was going to have talk about the then political climate and some individuals who were serving then who made poor decisions that cost the village money. So I decided not to continue the process, this blog will carry through on future issues.

I will write about topics that I feel like as opposed to topics I felt I had to write about, so there should be a change in the tenor of the blog.

The blog is as you can see changed format wise, however it still has the 1,400 old posts on it, and the comments. My rules have not changed, I allow unrestricted comments, and of course, profanity, attacks on my family and libel will be removed and the offending commenter banned until I decide to allow them back.

I also may from time to time allow guest bloggers to take over the driver seat here and "spout" there opinions on things, however they will be clearly identified as such and subject to the same rules as me.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system