Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 5 report-- Not bad, with an MIA long run.

So the week went very well, right up until Sunday morning and waking up with an ear ache. It was actually the third or fourth day of it, Sunday's was worse however. In fact I tried to run, but I was wobbly and I did not get to far (about a mile) before walking back to house. I took some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling, which is VERY unusual for me since I never take anything other then some vitamins and my blood pressure meds. It worked by noon and as I write this (Monday) there is limited to almost no ear discomfort right now. I suspect I had a mild infection since my lower jaw hurts almost like a toothache, hopefully I am on the downside of that.

So to recap rather then 29 miles for the week, I got 20. I am not terribly upset about it, still have 15 weeks or so to go until race day.

This week I have 8, 5, 7 and 15 miles. The 5 will be speed work, I am repeating a workout I have done twice before 7 x 1,000m at race pace less 60 seconds, I can compare and contrast the workouts.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system